INFINIX ZERO Will Trump Blackberry Z3 In The Nigerian Market

INFINIX ZERO Will Trump Blackberry Z3 In The Nigerian Market

ENTERPRISE54 – Just 24 hours after the Nigerian launch of Blackberry’s mid-market targeted-smartphone, the Z3, I got inside scoop of an impending launch of the Infinix Zero in August. To the guys at Blackberry, it probably sounds like doomsday because the Infinix Zero comes with cooler specifications at a cheaper price! Nothing sounds better to

ENTERPRISE54 – Just 24 hours after the Nigerian launch of Blackberry’s mid-market targeted-smartphone, the Z3, I got inside scoop of an impending launch of the Infinix Zero in August. To the guys at Blackberry, it probably sounds like doomsday because the Infinix Zero comes with cooler specifications at a cheaper price! Nothing sounds better to the Nigerian than beating prices and conserving funds.

I’m not even going to bore you with the technicalities of smartphone specifications. When it comes to mid-range smartphones, all that concerns the social University of Lagos chic or the igbo businessman in Onitsha, are great pricing, aesthetics, picture quality, speed and battery life.

For starters, Blackberry’s Z3 at N39,000 is still way off the reach of many considering the proliferation of N25,000 – N30,000 more than satisfactory Lumias, Technos and Infinixes in the market. Infinix’s lastest product comes at a more friendly N30,000.

Though the Zero and Z3 could hold each other to a draw on looks and memory (8GB), the former brandishes an amazing 13MP camera and 2MP selfie camera while the latter possesses a meager 5MP camera and 1.1MP selfie camera. Not so good for a product launched to compete in the low-cost market range.

Interestingly, the double-sim Infinix Zero reportedly has a 5 inch IPS HD capacitive touchscreen displaying at a 1280 x 720 resolution – the same as Blackberry Z10; Z3’s elder borther!

Playing Fifa on your Z3 will see Messi move at a 1.2 GHz dual-core snapdragon processor speed. But on the Andriod 4.4.2 KitKat Zero, Ronaldo would be darting down the flanks on a 1.4 GHz Octa core speed.

See Also: An Opportunity For You To Be Mentored By Don Jazzy, Obinna Okezie

One thing the Blackberry has going for it in this match is its 15.5 hour talk time 2500mAh battery. The Infinix Zero just shys away with a 1920 mAh battery power.

 

 

3 comments
Adegoke Oyeniyi
CONTRIBUTOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

3 Comments

  • Lulufa Vongtau
    July 18, 2014, 10:03 am

    Interesting. I have a Phantom PLUS, Tecno and I am waiting for the launch of the Phantom Z which I am told has a octo core as well. I dont kow anything about the Infinix though. A pic would have helped.

    REPLY
  • Rikimaru
    July 25, 2014, 11:49 am

    Well, despite the very conclusive headline of your article, the content fails at justifying it. Your poor assumption that the Nigeria market is all about price and not deep research is a very shallow conclusion and we do deserve an apology, particularly the unilag students.

    We may not have the money but we do appreciate quality products. I have used both the BlackBerry and Infinix devices and none of my decisions was based on price. I can also confidently speak for a lot of my smartphone using acquaintances.

    Perhaps do some more research or wait for the numbers before such a bold conclusion.

    Meanwhile, you only scratched the surface on the abilities of both phones. I will not want to go into issues about the phone makers themselves but there is a lot more than specs about buying a phone.

    Cheers

    REPLY
  • Adegoke Oyeniyi
    July 25, 2014, 5:55 pm

    Hello Rikimaru. Thanks for your comment. However, I meant no insult. Just sample the population around you. How many of your friends still own a blackberry? How many own an Infinix? or a Tecno?
    You talk about numbers. They speak for themselves. Why do you think the price of the blackberry Z10 plummeted in the market? From a whopping N120,000 to a paltry N35,000 now? It’s because of terrible sales. It flopped! The volume of andriod phones (including Infinix) has continued to soar in the market.
    Economists and statisticians know the upper and middle class only account for 30 percent of Nigeria’s population. Do you think the remaining 70 percent use N60,000 blackberry phones or N5,000 to N20,000 andriod phones?
    Do not assume the Unilag population is an accurate representation of the Nigerian market.

    REPLY

Latest Posts

Top Authors

Most Commented

Featured Videos