An Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) Social Entrepreneurship Stint at Paradigm Initiative Nigeria is your chance to learn more about the world of social enterprise – using entrepreneurial skills to solve social problems or meet socio-economic needs. Through this program, you get the chance to join the Paradigm Initiative Nigeria team, for a
An Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) Social Entrepreneurship Stint at Paradigm Initiative Nigeria is your chance to learn more about the world of social enterprise – using entrepreneurial skills to solve social problems or meet socio-economic needs. Through this program, you get the chance to join the Paradigm Initiative Nigeria team, for a specified period, to work with PIN team members on connecting underserved youth with ICT-enabled opportunities. You’ll work on a specific program with a member of our team who will provide the guidance and structure that will enable you to make the most out of your time working on one of today’s most pressing socio-economic issues in Nigeria. Just so you know, there’s a lot of flexibility in Paradigm Initiative Nigeria’s fast-paced working environment, so you’ll generally be able to see what happens even in programs that you are not assigned to.
We seek quick learners capable of wrapping their head around our programs, and who are able to support the organization in the development and execution of these initiatives. As a part of our team, you can expect to:
- Gain experience and expertise in a specific ICT4D applications area
- Be mentored and trained by a member of our team
- Research, write, and edit project reports (with your name on them!)
- Attend and contribute to our team meetings and ICT4D events
- Provide fresh perspective on our ICT4D programs, and watch your suggestions improve the program
A successful applicant will have an interest in social entrepreneurship and at least one ICT4D application area, and have a passion to learn more about the intersection between youth, ICTs and socio-economic opportunities. Ideally, candidates should preferably be enrolled in a Nigerian tertiary institution, or be recent graduates. Being well organized, motivated, and reliable will also help your application, as will problem solving and communication skills. Interns will work out of either of our amazing Aba, Ajegunle or Yaba offices, depending on project schedules.
Time Commitment and Considerations
- One full academic term (usually 3 months)
- Minimum of 30 hours per week
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, so you are advised to send in applications even when we haven’t exclusively announced that we’re shopping for interns
- This internship only pays a stipend of N30,000 per month.
To apply, email your CV, a cover letter (explaining your interest in our work) and two references (ideally an academic and a professional reference) to [email protected] Please use “SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP STINT – [Your Name]” as the subject line. Application closes 3:59pm on Friday 27th March, 2015.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *