History was made on the 28th of October 2015, as coronation rites commenced for the newly appointed Ooni of Ife – Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi in Ile-Ife, Nigeria. He emerged from a well-publicized selection process, following the demise of his successor – Oba Okunade Sijuwade, who died in London on July 28. Of worthy note
History was made on the 28th of October 2015, as coronation rites commenced for the newly appointed Ooni of Ife – Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi in Ile-Ife, Nigeria. He emerged from a well-publicized selection process, following the demise of his successor – Oba Okunade Sijuwade, who died in London on July 28.
Of worthy note is the wealth of entrepreneurial experience possessed by this latest occupant of the Ooni throne, which is a highly-revered traditional ‘stool’ among the Yorubas of south-east Nigeria. Prince Ogunwusi, aged 41, is an accomplished real estate magnate and his biography is replete with numerous high-profile projects. The young monarch also sits on the management board of several organizations.
- Prince Adeyeye is a certified member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and of the Institute of Management.
- He has been involved in engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts locally and abroad for over 12 years
- He set up and fostered strong trade relationships through the Association for International Business (AIB) with presence in over 200 member countries across the globe. Through the AIB, he contributed to trade facilitations between the United Arab Emirates (Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone Development) and the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC)
- He led a team that transformed Inagbe Island in Amuwo-Odofin LGA from a remote jungle into a whole new community offering world class relaxation and recreational facilities. The multi-billion Naira Inagbe Grand Resorts and Leisure, Lagos, is the first of its kind in West Africa bounded by the Lagos Lagoon and the Atlantic Ocean.
- He is a Non-Executive Director at Imperial Homes Mortgage Bank Limited (formerly GT Homes)
- He is the Managing Director of Howard Roark Gardens Limited which is currently undertaking the multi-million naira Jacob Mews Estate project in Yaba and the Lakeview real estate development in Lekki; both in Lagos.
- Prince Adeyeye is the initiator of Essential Homes, launched in January 2014 to deliver affordable upscale homes to middle and low income earners in Lagos. The first phase of the project (the Southpointe Estate, Lafiaji Road-Lekki) has been successfully delivered within a year with approximately 60% occupancy recorded.
- He led the team that developed the prestigious Northpointe Estate Phases I, II, III and Midland Court on Chevron Drive, Lekki.
- Prince Adeyeye’s previous projects in real estate development include:
- Northern Foreshore Estate
- Cityscape International Limited’s Buena Vista project in Lekki
- Primewaterview Limited’s projects
- Westcom Limited projects
- Ajaokuta Steel and Delta Steel resuscitation projects
- In all, he has been actively involved in the development of over 2,500 housing units with various consortia of developers within the last 8 years.
SOLID MINERALS SECTOR
- He led the government delegation to Canada in 2002 to promote strategic alliances through a partnership with the Ondo State Government on solid minerals (Bitumen, Dimension Stones, Granite, etc.) and led to the formation of the state-owned ‘Amalgamated Mining and Exploration Company Limited’
- He facilitated the development of Sparkwest Steel Galvanizing Plant (the only steel Galvanizing Plant in Nigeria), National Iron Ore Mining Company Limited and Jakura Mines resuscitation projects, which has become the major limestone feedstock to Obajana Cement Plant in Kogi State, Nigeria.
- He also facilitated the biggest Lead and Aluminum recycling plant set up in Nigeria by the National Steel Company of India in Ota, Ogun State.
- Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi was the main facilitator for Dangote Group’s break into the ‘up-country supply chain consortium’ between 1996 and 1999.
- He also traded for Dohagro Allied, Global Apex, Olam, Clemco, Stallion Group and Milan Group among others at about the same period.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *